Haweli with a traditional countenance having exquisitely carved stonework, with arched openings, pillars,arches,antique carved doors,windows & jaali patterns. The chowk & other elements are used for the perfect architectural response to the state’s diverse culture & climate.
One of the oldest hawelis of rajasthan stands in a narrow lane that leads to a broad welcoming courtyard which defines the perfect spatial organisations of those times, courtyard being in the heart of the haweli also serves as a micro climate modifier & also adds intangible effects to the spaces.
The haweli has :
- Rajasthani paintings embellished on the walls,
- Beautiful arches & carved brackets defining entrances,
- Antique doors with elaborate carved panels ,
- Arched windows letting in the glimpse of blue city ,
- Jaali patterns allowing the light & even managing the extremities of temperature/weather,
- Coloured glass ventilators forming dynamic colour patterns,
Box wooden ceilings for storage & various hidden storage spaces enriches the haweli from inside